SWGfL has been presenting online safety sessions to parents for over 6 years. Typically these sessions take place in the evening and last between 60 and 90 minutes. The sessions are engaging, lively and thought provoking presentations, tackling the myriad of issues around our children’s use of the Internet.
This will include
- The positives and negatives, the advantages of the biggest resource and entertainment library in the world, and disadvantages of using it unwisely or recklessly.
- Demystifying the technologies and describing how they are used by children and young people.
- Social networking and privacy, what you (and your children) need to know.
- Managing risks and taking positive action
- Coping strategies, dialogue, resources and ideas - what we can all do.
- Q+A’s - What questions do you have about Facebook, gaming sites, Skype, etc.